Apple I-Pad (Review & Product Test)




As I was one of the lucky ones that could catch a new I-Pad I wrote a review about this praised product. Whether the I-Pad could reach those high expectations or not can be found in this test:

Price: I decided to buy the 16GB I-Pad for $499. You could also choose 32GB and 64GB.







Technical Specifications:

Display:

9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology

Capacity:

16GB, 32GB, or 64GB flash drive

Battery:

10 hours of surfing the web, watching videos


Test: 

PRO´s:

I really like the touch screen. It´s ultra sensitive, I think even a little bit better than on the I-Phone. I really appreciate the screen!
In the product  description it announces that the battery of the I-Pad could last 10 hours of surfing in the internet or watching videos. I reached with mine exactly 9 hours and 10 minutes, watching Lord of the Rings.

The I-Pad was basically constructed as a book-reader, so I downloaded an eBook from the Apple Store, and honestly: I´m very surprised. It really feels like having a book right in front of you. You can scroll through the different pages on your eBook and it really looks even better than in reality.

CON´s:

Hello Apple? Where is the DVD/BLU-Ray drive?  As I´m a movie lover I have a lot of DVD´s collected over the years, but I can´t watch them on my I-Pad. That´s sad for me, but a great money-making-idea from Apple! Because every time I´d like to watch a movie I would have to go to the Apple Movie Store and buy the DVD. I think it´s normal that I´m not really fond of the idea of buying a DVD twice just to watch it also on my I-Pad.


Summary:

If you have about $500-700 you should get this product. It could replace the good old fashioned book sometime. But if you would like to use the I-Pad for movies (for example for your kids during drives on the highway) you should rather think twice before buying this product. There are a lot of (cheaper) alternatives that allow you to watch your favorite movies without having to buy them twice.

2 Kommentare:

Ali M. April 19, 2010 at 5:08 AM  

Hey SM! Thanks for dropping by at my Blog and for following. How's the I-pad so far? I'm thinking of buying one but I'm still not sure...

ddt April 19, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

Hi Ali!

I can really reccomend the I-Pad, if you are searching for an excellent eBook reader! But if you would like to watch your own dvd´s on it you should rather buy a laptop or something similar! It all depends on your own needs!

greetings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share

Followers

Photobucket